Child Care & School Bus Driver First Aid Training Information
- How to Choose an EMS Authority Approved Training Program and/or Instructor
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Implementing Child Care Nutrition Training (AB 290) - Effective January 2016, one-hour of childhood nutrition training will be added to the required Preventive Health and Safety training course
Approved Training Programs
Find an approved training provider to complete your required 16 hours of childcare provider training:
Find an approved training provider to complete your required School Bus Driver First Aid training:
Child Care Provider training consists of 16 hours of training for first-time licensees. The hours of training must be completed as follows:
- 4 hours of pediatric first aid
- 4 hours of pediatric CPR (including infant, child, and adult CPR and infant, child, and adult AED training)
- 8 hours of Preventive Health and Safety Training; this training is a one-time-only course
Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Every two (2) years, child care providers must renew their training by completing 4 hours of pediatric first aid and 4 hours of pediatric CPR including adult CPR and infant, child, and adult AED training.
If an instructor provides a course in fewer hours than required, the training is not in compliance with the law. Report this situation to the EMS Authority at (916) 322-4336, extension 434.
- Child Care Training Course Completion Stickers Order Form [PDF]
- Credit Card Payment Authorization Form [PDF]
Stickers order forms can be submitted by mail, and fax. We now accept credit card payments. Please do not email the credit card slips. We are unable to accept orders over the phone.
- Mail orders to: EMS Authority, Attn: Child Care Training Program 10901 Gold Center Dr. Ste 400, Rancho Cordova, Ca 95670
- Fax orders to: (916)324-2875
Stickers may be picked up in-person with 24 hours advance notice, and with confirmation of order fulfillment, so that staff may prepare the order.
- Child Care Training Roster: [PDF]
Email completed rosters to email@example.com, or fax to (916) 324-2875
Child Care 7 Hour Preventive Health and Safety Application * (Child Care Preventive Health Training Program -- review fee is $240) (*Please note that the Preventive Health and Safety Practices course is now 8 hours. Application content will reflect this change once the training regulations are revised.)
- As of January 1, 2016, one hour of nutrition must be included in the Preventive Health and Safety Practices Program. This Nutrition application is being provided for your convenience.(*It must be submitted along with the Preventative Health and Safety Application at no extra charge*)
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program Application (Child Care Pediatric First Aid and CPR Training Program -- review fee is $240)
- School Bus Driver First Aid Application (School Bus Driver First Aid and CPR Training Program -- review fee is $500)
Please return completed application(s) to the: State of California, EMS Authority, Attention: Child Care Unit, 10901 Gold Center Drive, Suite 400, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670-6073
- Please allow 60 days for review of your application
Regulations and Statutes for Child Care
- New Child Car Safety Seat Law In Effect in California - Poster
- Regulations for Child Care Provider First Aid, CPR, and Preventive Health Training Programs [PDF]
- Child Care First Aid Statutes [PDF]
Regulations and Statutes for School Bus Drivers
- Nebulizer and Inhaled Medication Training Curriculum [PDF]
- Capacitación sobre los Medicamentos Inhalados (Spanish language version of the Inhaled Medications Curriculum) [PDF]
- For more information on Asthma Training, or DVD, contact Lucy Chaidez at (916) 322-4336 extension 434 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Asthma Care Training for Child Care Providers
• La Capacitacion Sobre el Cuidado de la Asma para los Proveedores de Cuidado Infantil