CHILD CARE PROVIDERS
HOW TO CHOOSE AN APPROVED PEDIATRIC FIRST AID, PEDIATRIC CPR, AND PREVENTIVE HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAM FOR THE LICENSED CHILD CARE SETTING
Make sure the pediatric first aid, pediatric CPR, or a preventive health training program you have chosen is still approved by the EMS Authority before attending, is exempt, or is an accredited college or university. You can submit your request by any of the following options.
- Exempt training programs are the American Heart Association pediatric first aid and pediatric CPR, American Red Cross pediatric first aid and pediatric CPR, and courses offered at accredited colleges and universities.
- If you have the name of a program instructor, and certified training program he/she works for, you may call the training program and verify he/she is an approved instructor. Be sure to ask if the instructor is approved to teach the program you are taking.
- Visit the EMS Authority website or Training Program (a list of approved training programs are available on the EMS Authority’s website: Here. )
- If you do not find your program or instructor listed, ask the instructor or training program for a approval certificate and contact the approval authority to ask about their instructor/program status..
- Call, FAX or email the child care unit. Tell us the name of the program or instructor to verify that the program is certified by the EMS Authority. Be sure to include your contact information for our reply.
Phone number: (916) 322-4336 extension 434
FAX number: (916) 324-2875